Can you spare 2-3 hours each week?
Are you interested in supporting mental health recovery?
Do you want to meet new people, have new experiences and have fun?
If so, why not consider applying to join our volunteer befriending team. Our befrienders support participants to engage in social activities across the city with the aim of improving the person’s confidence, motivation and self-esteem whilst helping to break their social isolation.
- Contact us for an application form either by phone or using the contact form
- Be able to commit to 2-3hrs a week for a minimum of 6 months
- Attend online induction training sessions via Zoom
- Complete a (free) PVG background check
- Start volunteering!!
- For legal and ethical purposes, you must be 18 years or over
- You will have a named volunteer co-ordinator who will support and supervise you throughout your time at GAMH
- You will have access to additional training to support you in your role
- You will be reimbursed for agreed travel and activity expenses
- You will be able to request a reference after 6 months active volunteering
To get involved
Use the details below or fill in our enquiry form
Lynne Lamb, Volunteer Coordinator
Tel: 0141 552 5592
Volunteer Enquiry Form
Feedback from current volunteers
The support has been excellent and you are able to develop, you are made to feel a valued part of the organisation
I am able to contribute and be involved within an organisation that has an ethos of inclusion
Training courses gives us extra knowledge and can be put on my C.V